Whether you’ve got a large family living in the same home or you’re running a business of any size, you’re likely dealing with a lot of data moving between computers and devices. Keeping track and storing everything can turn into a handful. What happens when files get lost in the shuffle?
Maybe you sent an e-mail with a file attached, and the e-mail got deleted. Maybe you had important work files stored on your machine ready to share, and your hard drive failed. Inconveniences like these are always waiting just around the bend, and no one wants to deal with them. Especially because they always seem to rear their heads at the most inopportune times.
There is good news, though! Not only are there some excellent cloud storage services out there, but a handful of them are ideal for multiple users. These services provide things like instant syncing, great collaborative features, and plenty of storage to keep everything in your home or business running as smoothly as possible.
Which Cloud Provider Is The Best For Multiple Users?
It’s not enough for a cloud provider to just exist or say that they offer certain features. Lower prices are great, but is it coming at the expense of quality? Your files are of great importance. This probably isn’t the time or place to roll the proverbial dice and just hope for the best. It’s worth investing the time and effort to find the right storage solution.
There are probably a few things you’re looking for when it comes to finding the best cloud storage. A few examples might be:
- File sharing capabilities that allow you to quickly and safely transfer files between users
- Access permission options so that the right people can get to files
- Sufficient security so that data moving around between multiple machines is secured
Time flies when you’re having fun. Time also flies when you’re providing a great cloud storage solution. Hard to believe that Backblaze has already been around for a decade, but it’s true! Backblaze has done some serious growing over the last few years and now offers personal backup, business backup, and their B2 Cloud Storage solution.
The B2 Cloud Storage service was created primarily for IT people and developers, but it’s actually just a great platform overall. B2 cloud storage offers the complexity that certain pros are looking for but is accessible enough for anyone looking for an affordable and reliable way to store and host data.
- Compatible with numerous integration programs that make file browsing and sharing a breeze
- Robust security – all connections are HTTPS, authentication tokens for API’s, and two-factor verification
- Service is favorably priced compared to most of the competition
- Plenty of features, yet easy to use
- Layers of redundancy that ensure user data is both durable and available
- Web environment is somewhat limited
- Download charges are a little expensive
- Phone support is also slightly expensive
SugarSync is a San Mateo, CA-based cloud storage service that has been around since 2008. The company has been on a steady climb upward since their inception and now provide a reliable storage solution for millions of users worldwide. Big brands trust the SugarSync service. So do we, and so should you.
SugarSync is perfect for those looking to share a lot of files with friends and family members on a regular basis. If you’re not totally sold, you can use their service risk-free for 90 days, and they’ll give you 5GB to play with. That should be plenty of time to decide whether or not you’ll like what they have to offer. Our guess is that you won’t even need the 90 days to be convinced.
- File sharing and collaboration features – ideal for settings with multiple users
- 256-bit TLS/AES encryption to keep all your data safe
- Share files with unlimited users through generated links
- Custom plans available for 10+ users with administrative control and live phone support
- Choose what you sync for maximum control over your storage
- Slightly more expensive than similar services
- Doesn’t offer the same “zero-knowledge” privacy as some competitors
- No scheduling feature for backups
JustCloud has been around since 2010. They are a UK-based cloud storage company that was founded by Chris Philips. JustCloud aims to offer their customers a simple, yet reliable platform that takes the confusion and complexity out of the process. Not the flashiest or most feature-laden service out there, but JustCloud does a nice job of sticking to the basics.
For starters, it’s extremely affordable. Yes, it’s true that you usually get what you pay for, but we feel that from a value standpoint, JustCloud is one of the better options out there. The JustCloud platform is secure, versatile, and offers strong file sharing and syncing capabilities which are perfect for situations where multiple users will be accessing the service.
- Rock solid in the speed department – fast upload and downloads
- Good file sharing features which allow you to send files between family and friends with custom links
- Browse, back up, and sync all from the convenience of your mobile device
- Simple, easy to use service without confusing features or interfaces
- Multiple add-on options available which allow users to customize their cloud storage experience
- In some cases, the add-ons are things we feel should come standard with basic plans
- No unlimited storage option, which can be limiting for situations with multiple users
- File size limitations are another drawback